By Jeanne Roué Taylor
The reasons aren’t that hard to figure out and look like this:
- Big Data brings a rich tapestry of information together at the perfect moments for customer engagement. Both brand and consumer are sharing information at a remarkable rate.
- Mobility finds the customer where they are in a moment, whether they’re in the store or thinking about a purchase somewhere else. Mobility gives a brand a constant presence.
- Social platforms have become the way we share our thoughts and passions, and a way for brands to define themselves.
- Cloud has quickly become the model for seeking and capturing data and for providing technology capabilities that can evolve remarkably quickly.
Take any one of these four trends and you have significant marketplace disruption that creates opportunities for some brands and risk for others. When you have all four, you have significantly more serious opportunities and challenges.
The Four Secrets
Bringing together these trends is, as they say, the whole enchilada. Here are the four secrets to making that happen.
- Think loyalty platform: Implement customer engagement management through a loyalty platform. Trying to tie together so much information across so many technology elements is far too difficult and slow.
- Sign up for SaaS: Forget about monolithic on-premise marketing applications. By the time those behemoths are created and tested, the market has already moved. Software as a Service is the only practical solution for staying in front of so much change.
- Connect to everything: Unless your choices allow you to connect to any and all data, you’re limited to what a loyalty application vendor decides is important. Only you know your personal needs and opportunities.
- Think real time, respond at the right time: The technology trends above are all about contextual information that offers brands the chance to know in a moment, but respond at the best moment.
You can’t take away any one of these secrets any more than you can take away the four technology trends that define today’s customer engagement management. Are you ready to be on the right side of disruption?